Stone Building Company was founded in 1983 and has been in business for almost four decades as a premier general contractor serving the Southeast. During this time, Stone Building Co has successfully completed projects for a wide variety of clients in the institutional, healthcare, commercial, retail, civic, multifamily, student housing, hospitality, and industrial market sectors. We attribute our success to our philosophy that “Quality Work Builds Lasting Relationships.” It is this philosophy that keeps past clients contacting Stone for their future projects.
Stone Building Company believes the most important responsibility we have is to produce a quality building and end product. There is no substitute for constructing a quality building the first time. Our company culture and approach follows a “boots on the ground” management style with the guiding principle that there is no substitute for physically walking our jobsites to manage safety, quality, and schedule.
Quality Work Builds Lasting Relationships
Safety is a top priority at Stone Building Company and part of our company culture. At Stone, providing a safe work environment and a safety program with the highest quality standards is a commitment from everyone at our company. Maintaining a first-rate safety program requires continuous improvement. Our program includes implementing industry standard practices and assessing potential hazards on each jobsite. We regularly review and audit our work environments to ensure safe practices are in place.
Training and Continuing Ed is another important component of our safety program. We conduct regular training with our project teams to ensure current trends and requirements are implemented on our jobsites.
2020 Alabama AGC BuildSouth Excellence in Safety Award Winner
This award was received for our zero-incidence rate in the Building Division with 51,000 work hours. We are appreciative of the award and thankful for the AGC. Receiving recognition like the BUILDSouth Excellence in Safety Award fuels our energy for continuing to improve our approach to providing safe work environments and safe jobsites.
Awards & Honors
We are proud to be recognized by industry organizations and our peers for high performance and excellence. Several of our recent honors and awards are listed below where our company was recognized by the top industry associations for exceptional work based on quality, service, safety, and schedule.
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. – Safety Management System STEP Award – Bronze Level
- ABC – Safest in the Industry – Gold Award Winner
- AGC BuildSouth Award – Excellence in Safety – Building Division
- AGC BuildSouth Award – Renovation Under $5MM Building Construction – Epic Insurance Office
- AGC BuildSouth Award – New Building Construction – Cahaba Heights Park
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. – Safety Management System STEP Award – Gold Level
- ABC Excellence in Construction Merit Award – Cahaba Heights Park
- ABC Excellence in Construction Merit Award – One Pratt Park
- ABC Excellence in Construction Merit Award – Epic Insurcance Office
- AGC BuildSouth Award – Renovation Building Construction – Riverchase Career Connection Center
- AGC BuildSouth Award – Honorable Mention – Restoration Academy Addition to High School
- AGC BuildSouth Award – Workforce Development Award – Riverchase Career Connection Center
- Subcontractors Assoc. of Alabama – General Contractor Of The Year 1 Award
- ABC Excellence in Construction Award – Riverchase Career Connection Center
- ABC Excellence in Construction Award – New Office for JH Berry Insurance & AVX Inc.
- ABC Excellence in Construction Award – Restoration Academy – Addition to High School Building
- AGC BuildSouth Award – New Building Construction – Caliber Flagship Store
- Subcontractors Assoc. of Alabama – Estimator of the Year – Brett Drummond
At Stone, our company believes in being an active member in the communities where we work. We evaluate and consider the impacts our projects make to improve our community. We are involved in several organizations that are focused on community development beyond our day to day job building commercial construction projects. We enjoy adding value to our local communities and neighborhoods.
We Want to Build a Relationship With You!
Our business is based on relationships with people and businesses across many industries. We value our relationships with Owners, Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, and many other members of our community. Please contact us to learn more about building a relationship with Stone.